- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 tomato, chopped
- For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but do not add salt. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In a medium saucepan, melt margarine over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add milk to saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 4 minutes. Add cheddar and Romano, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a large serving bowl, combine pasta, sauce, and tomatoes. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
The One Dollar Cookbook
Foodie BabySee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More