- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 quarts tomatoes (12 cups, after cutting)
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 10 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 6 tablespoons broken cinnamon sticks
- REMOVE peel from tomatoes and cut in small pieces.
- Slice oranges and lemons very thin and quarter the slices.
- Pour off juice from the tomatoes.
- Add sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add oranges, lemons, and spices which have been tied loosely in cheesecloth bag.
- Place mixture over high heat and boil rapidly, stirring often.
- Cook until clear and thick (about 50 minutes). Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- Process in Boiling Water Bath 10 minutes.
- Makes 8 eight ounce jars
NotesNothing better than home grown "maters" This is a nice way to show off your tomatoes and makes a nice Holiday food gift as well! This was always good on Granny's fresh out of the ovem bread.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More