- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a recipe from a Farm Journal cookbook that I lost track of and can't believe I'd forgotten about it!! I used to make it quite a lot!! Anyway, finding it again reminded me just how wonderful it is and I wanted to share it with all of you!!
- 1 (6 oz.) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- olive or salad oil, or a mixture of both
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 2 med. onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 c. chopped parsley
- 1 Tb. wine vinegar
- Place olives and garlic in jar. Cover with oil.
- Cover jar and chill at least 24 hours.
- Drain olives, reserving oil.
- Add washed and stemmed tomatoes, onion rings and parsley.
- Add 1 Tb. of the marinating oil (use remainder in salad dressings) and vinegar.
- Serve as garnish on a platter of steak or grilled hamburgers, or ina bowl on the buffet.