- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups (1 lb.) thinly sliced onion
- 4 med-size ripe tomatoes (2 lb.), peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 6 slices processed american cheese,cut in half
- 1/2 cup pkg. bread crumbs
- 3 tbs. butter or margerine,melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- In 1 inch of boiling water in med. saucepan,cook onion,covered,10 min; drain.
- In prepared casserole,layer,in order,half of tomatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of salt,pepper,and basil. Top with half of cheese. Repeat.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter,and sprinkle over top of cheese. Bake uncovered,30 to 35 min,or until tomatoes are tender.
- Makes 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More