- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups (1 lb.) thinly sliced onion
- 4 med-size ripe tomatoes (2 lb.), peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 6 slices processed american cheese,cut in half
- 1/2 cup pkg. bread crumbs
- 3 tbs. butter or margerine,melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- In 1 inch of boiling water in med. saucepan,cook onion,covered,10 min; drain.
- In prepared casserole,layer,in order,half of tomatoes and onion. Sprinkle with half of salt,pepper,and basil. Top with half of cheese. Repeat.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter,and sprinkle over top of cheese. Bake uncovered,30 to 35 min,or until tomatoes are tender.
- Makes 6 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More