- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground veal (or beef)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated (or minced very fine in food processor)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 3 tbsp hot Hungarian paprika, or 3 tbsp sweet paprika and a little cayenne
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Olive oil for basting
- Mix all the ingredients, except the oil, thoroughly. Cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum of two hours, overnight is best. Remove from refrigerator, mix thoroughly again and roll the mixture into little "fingers" about 1 inch by 3 inches(I like to take some Kajmak cheese, which is a Water Buffalo milk cream cheese and enclose it in the sausages...a good blue cheese also works well with the lamb and veal in the meat mixture). Rub lightly with olive oil and grill or broil until done. They are best on the barbecue. Once done set aside.
NotesThis is not really one recipe but a combination of two separate recipes put together. There are two parts to it; The Tomato Paprikas and the Cevapcici(which is posted already on here). Tomato Paprikas as we called it was a mainstay in our household due to the abundance of tomatoes and peppers we grew in the gardens and because of it's simplicity to make. It is really nothing more than a cooked salsa, really. We would sometimes make it with rice added in it or even chicken if the need to eat meat was there, but it is great on it's own with some nice crusty bread for dipping.
I decided to add Cevapcici one time and it has become my favourite way of making it now.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Koken met Oma
Summertime SippersSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More