- Cooking Time: 1 1/4 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 prebaked 9-inch deep dish pie crust
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink in 1 layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 20 minutes or longer, if you don't the pie will fall apart.
- Layer the tomato slices, basil and onion in pie shell.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise together.
- Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
- To serve: cut into slices and serve warm.
NotesSaw this on Paula Deen's show and with fresh tomatoes, WOW!!!! I've also changed types of cheeses they are all good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Christmas CookiesSee More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More