- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 (14 1/2 oz) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350. remove loose, papery skin from garlic, leaving heads intact. Place garlic on a sheet of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1/4 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Loosely wrap foil around garlic, folding foil edges securely. Roast until garlic has softened, about 40 minutes, then transfer to plate. Open carefully and discard foil; let garlic cool.
- Separate garlic into cloves. Squeeze soft garlic from each clove into a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium flame, heat remaining 1/4 tsp olive oil. Add onion, celery, and roasted garlic. Cover and cook until vegetable soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, 1 cup water, bay leaf, basil, oregano, thyme, and 1/4 tsp pepper; bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Remove bay leaf. in a blender, puree soup inbatches until smooth. Makes 4 servings.
NotesFound in a very old Oprah magazine. Super easy and really tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More