- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 (14 1/2 oz) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350. remove loose, papery skin from garlic, leaving heads intact. Place garlic on a sheet of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1/4 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Loosely wrap foil around garlic, folding foil edges securely. Roast until garlic has softened, about 40 minutes, then transfer to plate. Open carefully and discard foil; let garlic cool.
- Separate garlic into cloves. Squeeze soft garlic from each clove into a small bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium flame, heat remaining 1/4 tsp olive oil. Add onion, celery, and roasted garlic. Cover and cook until vegetable soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, 1 cup water, bay leaf, basil, oregano, thyme, and 1/4 tsp pepper; bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Remove bay leaf. in a blender, puree soup inbatches until smooth. Makes 4 servings.
NotesFound in a very old Oprah magazine. Super easy and really tasty.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More