- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4-5 cups
- Preparation Time: 5-10
BackstoryI make it better than anything in a jar. I also use it whenever tomato sauce is needed...Giada is right, just make a shit ton and freeze it.
- 2 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Dried parsley
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Dice onion, and saute in olive oil in big soup pot.
- When onion is soft, add crushed tomatoes and all the seasonings. Adjust to taste, but I go heavy (1-2 tbsps each) on the garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme.
- Cook about an hour on low heat.
- If your crushed tomatoes are chunky and you want a smooth sauce, blend.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
All American Sloppy Joes
Crab With Ginger And Scallions
BLT SandwichSee More