- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4-5 cups
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 2 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Dried parsley
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Dice onion, and saute in olive oil in big soup pot.
- When onion is soft, add crushed tomatoes and all the seasonings. Adjust to taste, but I go heavy (1-2 tbsps each) on the garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme.
- Cook about an hour on low heat.
- If your crushed tomatoes are chunky and you want a smooth sauce, blend.
NotesI make it better than anything in a jar. I also use it whenever tomato sauce is needed...Giada is right, just make a shit ton and freeze it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
My Family CookbookSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More