- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 4-5 cups
- Preparation Time: 5-10
- 2 28oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Dried parsley
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Dice onion, and saute in olive oil in big soup pot.
- When onion is soft, add crushed tomatoes and all the seasonings. Adjust to taste, but I go heavy (1-2 tbsps each) on the garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, and thyme.
- Cook about an hour on low heat.
- If your crushed tomatoes are chunky and you want a smooth sauce, blend.
NotesI make it better than anything in a jar. I also use it whenever tomato sauce is needed...Giada is right, just make a shit ton and freeze it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More