- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-4 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 m. Red onion, diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. Tomato paste
- 14 oz. Can Whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand
- 1 C. Wine
- 1/2 C. Fresh water
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Red chili flakes
- Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add the oil wait for the oil to heat before adding the onion.
- When the onion has started to brown stir in the tomato paste and garlic, let this cook about 10 minutes, you want to caramelize the sugars in the tomato paste.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine by about half, stir in the crushed tomatoes, water and basil, then season with Add salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes to taste.
- Cook the pasta a minute short of al dente, drain the pasta and add straight to the sauté pan, cook the last minute in the sauce.
- A. J. Di Liberti 2006
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More