- Cooking Time: 5 mins (approx.)
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- Small handful of spinach (chopped)
- 1 Onion Slice (diced)
- 1 pat of butter
- 2 Tomato slices
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil (1 large leaf, or 3 small leaves)
- Place the pat of butter in the pan and allow it to melt. Add diced onion slice and allow to cook until soft.
- Mix the Egg Whites and the Whole Egg together in a cup, dish, or any appropriate container. Pour the mixture over the cooked onion and cover with a lid. Once the outer edges have settled (and the middle is still soft, add the spinach to the top and salt lightly if desired. sprinkle the parmesan cheese lightly over the spinach and cover again.
- After a short period of time (a VERY short period of time... remember, that eggs cook quickly and burn easily), place the tomato slices side by side on top of the egg and top with the fresh basil. Cover slightly and allow to cook a bit longer for the tomatoes to soften.
- Remove and serve.
NotesI just happened to wake up at 5am one morning, and had a sudden hankering for a breakfast that was very much an embodiment of slowing down and enjoying life.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More