- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 8 slices thick-cut sourdough bread
- 1 ball (16 ounces) fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 1 (7 ounce) package of basil pesto
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat your panini pan and press according to the manufacturer's instructions (alternately, two pre-heated skillets may be used, with one skillet serving as a press/weight).
- Spread the pesto on each slice of bread.
- Top four pieces of bread with a layer of tomato.
- Lightly season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add a layer of mozzarella and then place another piece of bread on top to complete the sandwich.
- Drizzle olive oil on the panini pan or skillet.
- Place sandwiches in the pan and cover with the panini press or second skillet.
- Turn sandwiches over after 4 to 5 minutes and replace weight. The sandwiches are ready when golden brown and the mozzarella has melted around the edges.
NotesI made these to serve with Sherried Tomato Soup and oh my goodness what a delicious meal!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More