TOMATO AND ZUCCHINI QUICHE
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced, lightly salted and patted dry
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces Gruyère, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 store-bought frozen piecrust in tins
Heat oven to 375° F.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil.
Add the onion, zucchini, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
Cover and cook until the onions and zucchini are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and half-and-half.
Stir in the Gruyère, herbs, nutmeg, the remaining salt and pepper, and the onion and zucchini mixture.
Place the pie crusts on a foil-lined baking sheet. Scrape the egg mixture into the pie crusts; they will be very full.
Top with sliced grape tomatoes.
Bake until the filling is set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Cut into wedges and serve.
View step by step images of this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com