- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 tomatoes, sliced, lightly salted and patted dry
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces Gruyère, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 store-bought frozen piecrust in tins
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion, zucchini, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Cover and cook until the onions and zucchini are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and half-and-half.
- Stir in the Gruyère, herbs, nutmeg, the remaining salt and pepper, and the onion and zucchini mixture.
- Place the pie crusts on a foil-lined baking sheet. Scrape the egg mixture into the pie crusts; they will be very full.
- Top with sliced grape tomatoes.
- Bake until the filling is set and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
NotesTomato and Zucchini Quiche (Inspired by the Basic Quiche Recipe from Real Simple Magazine)
View step by step images of this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More