- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30-35
- 50 ml of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200 grams of carrot in small cubes
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 5 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and diced
- 100 ml of dry white wine or dry sherry
- 500 ml vegetablestock [chickenstock or fishstock is nice as well]
- 3 oranges
- few leaves of coriander or basil to garnish
- 1 Heat the oil and fry the garlic, scallions and carrots on high heat for about three minutes
- 2 Add the diced tomatoes and fry another minute
- 3 Pour over the wine and add the stock.
- 4 Boil gently for 20 minutes
- 5 Clean the oranges with hot water and take a few thin slices of the rind to use as garnish later on
- 6 Squeeze the juice out of the oranges
- 7 After the soup having cooked for 20 minutes, let it cool of a bit and blitz the soup with a handblender
- 8 Add the orange juice and chill the soup
- 9 Serve the soup chilled [looks nice in glasses] garnished with the corander or basil leaves anf the slices of rind.
NotesIn the Netherlands big supermarketchains have their own monthly magazine to promote their products. In these magazine recipes are published, in order to get you to buy the ingredients in their stores. Some of these magazines are very much about promoting brands of products, others are smaller, do mention the brands but much less prominent and often have suggestions for getting around it by mentioning other brands or how to prepare the ingredient yourself. Most of these recipes usually have no "wow" factor, but sometimes there's a small jewel hidden in it. The recipe below was in the magazine "Boodschappen" from the Hoogvliet supermarket. It mentions no brands, just the ingredients. I tried it a few times and I think its great. Serve it with crostini's, French bread, toast or ciabatta smeared with garlic and olive oil and then toasted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Cooking for a Cure
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More