- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 firm ripe fleshy tomatoes (about 2 lb)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tb minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tb minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 3 tb minced shallots
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Remove the stems of the tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes in two half.
- Squeeze out seeds and juice.
- Add salt and pepperBlend the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Fill each of the tomatoes with the mixture. Sprinkle the tomatoes with olive oil.
- In a baking or gratin dish arrange the tomatoes not too close from each other.
- Bake the tomatoes in the oven at 400º (200ºC) for 15 minutes max
- Serve as a starter or as a side dish.
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More