- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 firm ripe fleshy tomatoes (about 2 lb)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tb minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tb minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 3 tb minced shallots
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Remove the stems of the tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes in two half.
- Squeeze out seeds and juice.
- Add salt and pepperBlend the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Fill each of the tomatoes with the mixture. Sprinkle the tomatoes with olive oil.
- In a baking or gratin dish arrange the tomatoes not too close from each other.
- Bake the tomatoes in the oven at 400º (200ºC) for 15 minutes max
- Serve as a starter or as a side dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More