- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 firm ripe fleshy tomatoes (about 2 lb)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tb minced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tb minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 3 tb minced shallots
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of thyme
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Remove the stems of the tomatoes.
- Cut the tomatoes in two half.
- Squeeze out seeds and juice.
- Add salt and pepperBlend the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Fill each of the tomatoes with the mixture. Sprinkle the tomatoes with olive oil.
- In a baking or gratin dish arrange the tomatoes not too close from each other.
- Bake the tomatoes in the oven at 400º (200ºC) for 15 minutes max
- Serve as a starter or as a side dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More