- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/2 cup couscous
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut beefsteak tomatoes in half. Squeeze out seeds and discard. Spoon out pulp and save in a bowl.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry saucepan over medium heat, about 3-4 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add oil to saucepan and sautee garlic until fragrant, about a minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and couscous (broth will be the amount of liquid your couscous calls for, for 1/2 cup) and prepare according to directions.
- When couscous is done, stir in fresh basil and the tomato pulp.
- Stuff each tomato half generously with the mixture.
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together. Sprinkle over tomatoes.
- Bake for apprximately 20 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Home cookingSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More