- Cooking Time: 12–15
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 35 (inc cooling time)
- 4 oz margarine
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almonds, sliced
- ½ oz water
- 3 oz powdered sugar
- 1 oz cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Cream margarine in mixing bowl.
- Add cake mix and vanilla extract.
- Mix on low speed for 3–5 minutes.
- Add the almonds and the water and mix for an additional 2 minutes.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1 tablespoon-size balls.
- Portion cookie dough 1" apart on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Gently flatten each cookie using the palm of your hand until each cookie is ½" thick.
- Bake in preheated 325° F convection oven for 12–15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven.
- Cool for 20–25 minutes.
- Place powdered sugar and cornstarch in mixing bowl and hand mix until well combined.
- Gently toss cooled cookies in mixture until they are lightly but completely coated.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More