TOP-OF-THE-STOVE CHERRY OR BLUEBERRY COBBLER
- Cooking Time: 30
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons soft or melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can or recipe cherry or blueberry pie filling
- Ice cream or cream, optional
- Cherry Pie Filling (see recipe)
- Blueberry Pie Filling (see recipe)
In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix, butter, milk and sugar.
In a deep skillet that has a tight lid, heat pie filling almost to boiling. Reduce heat to low.
Drop dough by spoonsful on top of sauce. Cover tightly. Dumplings will be done in 15 to 20 minutes. Do not uncover pan until 15 minutes has passed.
Let cool a while. Spoon into bowls. If you wish, serve with cream or ice cream.