- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- One 12 in. pizza shell
- Tomato sauce (amount you like)
- 6 oz. Fontina cheese (shredded)
- 4 oz. Gruyere cheese (cubed)
- 4 oz. dried appricotts (diced)
- Bake for 6-8 minutes at 475*, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Wow! That pizza has zing. It's like a sunrise in my mouth.
- I hope you all try this. It suprised me how well it goes with a good Lodi Zin. Pie. Talk to you all soon
NotesThis is a topic close to my heart, as is all of my food know how. To say that a pizza is at the door, to me, means someone has their hands full of groceries. So get up and go open the door, please.
Now, when it comes to pizza, the pairing of cheese and toppings can go in any direction. Should you play them off of each other? Do you want them to go in the direction of sweet, or is it a tangy pizza evening for two? The following will get to the sweet tooth of the matter for sure. Enjoy, and let me know what you've tried on your pies.