- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI had a pastor for several years who was addicted to chocolate. She gave me this recipe and it certainly lives up to its name.
- 9 inch springform pan
- 3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb butter
- 2 1/4 C sugar
- 1 C boiling water
- 9 eggs
- for an 8 inch pan, use the following measurements
- 1 3/4 C chips
- 1/2 pound + 3 T butter
- 1 1/3 C sugar
- 1/2 C + 1 1/2 T boiling water
- 6 eggs
- Dust a 9 inch springform pan with cocoa.
- Melt chips, butter, sugar, and water until smooth.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 2 hours at 250 degrees with pan underneath to catch drips.
- Turn oven off, open door, leave for 1/2 hour.
- Let cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and put in freezer for 1-12 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and or raspberry sauce.