- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 bolillo
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 slice onion
- 3 thin slices avocado
- 1 slice of ham
- 1 slice of cheese panela
- 1 piece beef fillet
- Jalapeno peppers to taste
- Finely shredded lettuce to taste
- Refried beans to taste
- Open the bolillo in half, remove the loam and brush the tops with refried beans.
- Put in a pan lid panela cheese on top a bed of lettuce, ham, meat and, finally, more lettuce, tomatoes, onions and jalapeno peppers to taste.
- This torta is called "poor child torta" because of the simplicity and cheap ingredients it's filled with.
NotesThis torta is called "poor child torta" because of the simplicity and cheap ingredients it's filled with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More