- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in milk; heat through. Stir in cream cheese until blended. Add spinach and Italian seasoning; heat through.
- Drain tortellini; toss with sauce and tomato. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
- Nutrition Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 341 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
NotesThis makes a surprising amount of food once the mushrooms and spinach are in the sauce. I am not a big fan of any kind of fat free cheese, but this came out well. The next time I make this I will try to saute the mushrooms a bit longer, plus add some salt to the sauce. The Parmesan cheese adds a little sodium, but not enough for my taste. From Light and Tasty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More