- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese or spinach tortellini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the tortellini, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cook according to package directions or until tortellini are tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard fat. Stir in flour until no longer visible; gradually add milk while stirring. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Carefully add tortellini to the sausage mixture. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- Servings: Serves 2.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More