- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese or spinach tortellini
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the tortellini, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Cook according to package directions or until tortellini are tender; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, green pepper and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard fat. Stir in flour until no longer visible; gradually add milk while stirring. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Carefully add tortellini to the sausage mixture. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- Servings: Serves 2.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
GAES PTO Recipes
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More