- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis soup is a Classic in our kitchen. When it starts getting colder outside, then it's time again for this hearty, healthy and non costly soup. Enjoy!
This one we got from our recipie club I and my mom helped put on the market in Iceland almost 10 years ago. And it has been our favourite ever since.
Note the photos are my doing, I just made this soup again this evening and now I managed to make some photos myself for you to see for yourself :)
- 150g dried Tortellini with Cheese filling e.g. from Barilla
- 150g bacon
- 1 onion
- olive oil for frying ca 1-2 tbsp
- 200g celery stalks
- 2 tbsp tomato pure
- 1 1/2 litres chicken/beef broth
- 1 tsp paprika powder sweet
- 1 medium size leek (all of it)
- 2 carrots
- 1 deci litre or a nice bunch of fresh cut parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Tortellini according to package just al dente, not too long as it will stay in the soup in the end.
- Chop bacon and onion small and fry in the soup pot in some olive oil. finely chop the celery and add to the pot and broil on with the bacon and onion. Then add broth, tomato pure and paprika spice and cook for 15 minutes.
- Both the Tortellini and the soup will then cook simultaniously :)
- Rinse the leek by cutting it once lenghtwise and rinse over running water. Then thinly slice it from top to bottom using both white and green end. Cut the carrots in juliennes (small stalks) and chop the parsley.
- Add remaining vegetables to the soup and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally add the cooked Tortellini, taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve with a good bread (baguette, ciabatta, home made...)
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!