- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 150g bacon, chopped
- 2 Italian sausages, hot, casing removed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic - 3 cloves
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 48 oz chicken stock or broth
- 48 oz can diced tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 medium size leek, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced using both white & green ends
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 300 grams fresh cheese tortellini
- Cook the Tortellini according to package just al dente, not too long as it will stay in the soup in the end.
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pot.
- Saute bacon, sausage, and onion over medium-high heat until onions are soft, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, celery and carrots and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, red wine, Italian seasoning & smoked paprika and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add leek and parsley to soup and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cooked tortellini and season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve with a good bread, baquette or ciabatta.
NotesI actually checked out a number of Tortellini Soup recipes from this site and some others and then added some of this and some of that as I was looking for lots of ingredients to put in this hearty winter soup. It turned out awesome and I will be keeping this one for sure.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Mushroom SoupSee More