- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 150g bacon, chopped
- 2 Italian sausages, hot, casing removed and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic - 3 cloves
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 48 oz chicken stock or broth
- 48 oz can diced tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1 medium size leek, cut lengthwise and thinly sliced using both white & green ends
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped
- 300 grams fresh cheese tortellini
- Cook the Tortellini according to package just al dente, not too long as it will stay in the soup in the end.
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pot.
- Saute bacon, sausage, and onion over medium-high heat until onions are soft, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, celery and carrots and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, red wine, Italian seasoning & smoked paprika and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add leek and parsley to soup and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add cooked tortellini and season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Serve with a good bread, baquette or ciabatta.
NotesI actually checked out a number of Tortellini Soup recipes from this site and some others and then added some of this and some of that as I was looking for lots of ingredients to put in this hearty winter soup. It turned out awesome and I will be keeping this one for sure.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More