- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green and red peppers
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 package fresh tortellini
- 1-2 handfulls of chopped spinach, chiffonade
- In a large pot, add about 2 T oil and the onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook to soften.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, but reserve the tortellini and spinach.
- Allow the soup to come to a simmer for 15 minutes Add the tortellini and allow to cook per the directions on the package.
- Add the spinach 1 minute before the tortellini is finished.
- Serve with crusty bread
NotesI love this recipe, but can't make it anymore because they don't carry the tortellini that we like. My fiance has a phobia of soft cheeses (what a weirdo), so we can't substitute any other brand because they have ricotta in them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More