TORTELLINI SOUP WITH SPINACH
Tortellini Soup with Spinach
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green and red peppers
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 package fresh tortellini
- 1-2 handfulls of chopped spinach, chiffonade
In a large pot, add about 2 T oil and the onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook to soften.
Add all of the remaining ingredients, but reserve the tortellini and spinach.
Allow the soup to come to a simmer for 15 minutes Add the tortellini and allow to cook per the directions on the package.
Add the spinach 1 minute before the tortellini is finished.
Serve with crusty bread