- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green and 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green and red peppers
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 package fresh tortellini
- 1-2 handfulls of chopped spinach, chiffonade
- In a large pot, add about 2 T oil and the onion, peppers, and garlic. Cook to soften.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, but reserve the tortellini and spinach.
- Allow the soup to come to a simmer for 15 minutes Add the tortellini and allow to cook per the directions on the package.
- Add the spinach 1 minute before the tortellini is finished.
- Serve with crusty bread
NotesI love this recipe, but can't make it anymore because they don't carry the tortellini that we like. My fiance has a phobia of soft cheeses (what a weirdo), so we can't substitute any other brand because they have ricotta in them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
The Social Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More