- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis dish is subtle in flavor yet rich. Each bite leaves you wanting more. It's so good that I made it again. Less than a week later.
A side bonus: you know how you have that little bit of pumpkin puree leftover from making all your holiday desserts? Well this is the perfect dish for using that up.
- 2 9oz packages of cheese tortellini (I only used a 14oz package. worked fine)
- 1 TB butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Pinch of nutmeg (freshly ground if you have it)
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream (ya ya, I used whipping cream)
- 1/4 parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped sage for garnish (ooptional)
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots. Cook and stir until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and continue cooking for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the cream, stirring to blend and bring to a low boil.
- While still stirring, reduce heat and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Stir in the cheese and cook for another minute, until thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tortellini and garnish with cheese and sage if desired.