- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 9oz packages of cheese tortellini (I only used a 14oz package. worked fine)
- 1 TB butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- Pinch of nutmeg (freshly ground if you have it)
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream (ya ya, I used whipping cream)
- 1/4 parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped sage for garnish (ooptional)
- Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots. Cook and stir until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and nutmeg and continue cooking for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the cream, stirring to blend and bring to a low boil.
- While still stirring, reduce heat and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Stir in the cheese and cook for another minute, until thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tortellini and garnish with cheese and sage if desired.
NotesThis dish is subtle in flavor yet rich. Each bite leaves you wanting more. It's so good that I made it again. Less than a week later.
A side bonus: you know how you have that little bit of pumpkin puree leftover from making all your holiday desserts? Well this is the perfect dish for using that up.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Italy or BustSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More