- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion , minced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans , rinsed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes , drained
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- Table salt and ground black pepper
- 5 cups tortilla chips (3 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and bring to simmer.
- Stir beans, tomatoes, and chipotle into sauce and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, 3 tablespoons cilantro, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Spread 1 cup tortilla chips over bottom of 8-inch baking dish and top with 1 cup chicken mixture. Spread 2 more cups tortilla chips into dish and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Spread remaining chicken mixture into dish and top with remaining tortilla chips. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over top.
- Bake until cheese is golden brown and casserole is bubbling, abut 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro before serving.
- (from Cook’s Illustrated)
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cole Family Cookbook 2015See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More