- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 50-60
- 6 white potatoes – peeled and cut into 1/8” slices
- 6 eggs – beat together
- 1 onion- diced
- 2 cups olive oil or as need for for frying
- salt to taste
- Fry the potatoes and onions in oil using a non-stick fry pan (approximately 10 “) until cooked through.
- Add salt.
- Mix the fried potatoes and onions together with the beaten eggs.
- Coat the fry pan with oil and heat over medium.
- Pour the potato mixture into the pan and lightly pat down with a spatula. Brown on one side.
- In order to brown the other side, first place a plate over the fry pan and invert the torte onto it.
- Add a bit more oil into the fry pan and return the torte to the pan to brown the other side until done.
NotesTortilla espanola – is very popular in Spain and is often eaten as a “tapa” or snack. Tapas are a variety of small snacks – or small plate appetizers. The Spanish verb “tapar” means to cover. It is said that tapas (plural of tapa) originated as a cover for glasses – to keep the flies out.
Visit our website to learn more.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More