- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 50-60
- 6 white potatoes – peeled and cut into 1/8” slices
- 6 eggs – beat together
- 1 onion- diced
- 2 cups olive oil or as need for for frying
- salt to taste
- Fry the potatoes and onions in oil using a non-stick fry pan (approximately 10 “) until cooked through.
- Add salt.
- Mix the fried potatoes and onions together with the beaten eggs.
- Coat the fry pan with oil and heat over medium.
- Pour the potato mixture into the pan and lightly pat down with a spatula. Brown on one side.
- In order to brown the other side, first place a plate over the fry pan and invert the torte onto it.
- Add a bit more oil into the fry pan and return the torte to the pan to brown the other side until done.
NotesTortilla espanola – is very popular in Spain and is often eaten as a “tapa” or snack. Tapas are a variety of small snacks – or small plate appetizers. The Spanish verb “tapar” means to cover. It is said that tapas (plural of tapa) originated as a cover for glasses – to keep the flies out.
Visit our website to learn more.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More