- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin (I used chipotle pepper seasoning mix)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paparika
- Salt & Pepper (to Taste)
- 1 cup Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 cup Cooked Rice (white Or Brown)
- 3 whole Tortillas (burrito Size)
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
- Sour Cream
Preheat oven to 375°
Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chopped onion and saute until translucent (about 5 minutes)
Mix all spices in a small bowl.
Add ground beef to cooked onions and add spice mixture.
Break up ground beef and cook completely until browned.
Taste mixture and add salt/pepper as needed.
Add black beans and rice to ground beef and mix well.
Using a pie pan, put a layer of salsa on the bottom, about 1/4 cup (I used a little more than 1/4 cup for each layer)
Place a tortilla over the salsa.
Sprinkle cheese over tortilla.
Spoon meat/bean/rice mixture over cheese layer.
Repeat layers once more starting with salsa and then end with a tortilla and remaining cheese on top.
Place in the oven for 12 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
Place under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes to make the tortilla and cheese a little crispy on top.
Finish off with chopped green onion.
Slice and serve with sour cream and extra salsa and tortilla chips.