- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin (I used chipotle pepper seasoning mix)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paparika
- Salt & Pepper (to Taste)
- 1 cup Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 cup Cooked Rice (white Or Brown)
- 3 whole Tortillas (burrito Size)
- 2 cups Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 3 whole Green Onions, Chopped
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute until translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Add ground beef to cooked onions and add spice mixture.
- Break up ground beef and cook completely until browned.
- Taste mixture and add salt/pepper as needed.
- Add black beans and rice to ground beef and mix well.
- Using a pie pan, put a layer of salsa on the bottom, about 1/4 cup (I used a little more than 1/4 cup for each layer)
- Place a tortilla over the salsa.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortilla.
- Spoon meat/bean/rice mixture over cheese layer.
- Repeat layers once more starting with salsa and then end with a tortilla and remaining cheese on top.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes to make the tortilla and cheese a little crispy on top.
- Finish off with chopped green onion.
- Slice and serve with sour cream and extra salsa and tortilla chips.
NotesRecipe from pattilouwho from Tasty Kitchen! Photo by me! This dish was delicious! Yum-O! The modifications I made was to brown and drain the ground beef before adding the spices and while the ground beef was draining, I sauted the onions and then mixed everything in the skillet! I also added some salsa to the mixture as well as on the layers. I also added an extra layer since I had a little over a pound of ground beef!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More