- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 red coral lettuce
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- ½ cucumber, cut into long strips
- 3 large tomatoes
- 2 soft flour Tortillas
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 75ml extra virgin olive oil
- 75ml lemon juice
- 1 red chilli pepper, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 100g watercress leaves
- 2 tablespoons of flat parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Few drops of chilli sauce or Tabasco
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped.
- Place a small pan with water on the heat, cut a small cross in the tomatoes and blanch them in the boiling water and remove the skins. Remove the seeds and cut the peeled tomatoes into small cubes.
- Put sunflower oil, olive oil, lemon juice, chopped red chilli pepper, watercress, lime juice, Tabasco and parsley in the blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing into large bowl and add the cucumber, tomatoes and peppers, mix well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pick the leaves from the coral lettuce, rinse and dry well. Put one tortilla on top of the other and roll them up together. Cut into thin strips, approximately ½ cm (¼ inch). Mix the lettuce, tortilla strips and marinated vegetables and toss well. Divide between 4 plates, sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese and fresh coriander over the piles of salad.
NotesThis is obviously a Mexican recipe. I like it because even without meat, the taste is quite good and authentic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More