- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 5 tablespoons oil for frying
- 1 plantain, peeled and broken into chunks
- 3 cups cold water
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Place the plantains in the oil and fry on both sides; approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the plantains from the pan and flatten the plantains by placing a plate over the fried plantains and pressing down.
- Dip the plantains in water, then return them to the hot oil and fry 1 minute on each side. Salt to taste and serve immediately
NotesThis is an Island staple usually as a side dish but I LOVE topping them with anything from my Tuna Tempeh, Shredded Beef,to eggplant souffle, salads & more. Try your favorite dip or topping recipe!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More