- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 clusters of broccoli tops (available in produce section), cut into spears or, 1 pound of broccolini, trimmed
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large stuffing mushroom caps, wiped with damp towel, stem removed
- 2 (1-inch) fillet of beef steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Boil broccoli in 1-inch of water, covered, 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain, but leave covered in pan for another 5 minutes. Broccoli will continue to cook, but not lose all of its color.
- In a small skillet, heat 1/2 Tbsp. butter and oil over medium high heat. Cook mushroom caps 3 or 4 minutes until just golden, turn them and set to sides of pan.
- Add the meat seasoned with salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes on each side for medium rare, 5 minutes on each side for medium well. Remove steaks and caps from the pan and cover with loose foil tent to keep warm and let juices distribute.
- Add 1 Tbsp. butter and flour to the pan and whisk in wine. Scrape up drippings, reduce wine for half a minute, then whisk in a little beef stock. Thicken sauce another half minute, then remove from heat.
- To serve, top each steak with a mushroom cap and pour a little sauce down over the top. Serve with the broccoli florets alongside.
Chateaubriand for 2 in 30 minutes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Apple Pie Bars
Creamy Broccoli Salad
Pumpkin Pie Mascarpone Cheesecake BarsSee More