- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup golden raisins
- splash rum
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, drain pineapple juice, add a dash of rum, pour in raisins.
- In a medium bowl, combine grated carrots and brown sugar. Set aside for 60 minutes, then stir in raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 10 inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually beat in the white sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, stir into the wet mixture until absorbed. Finally stir in the carrot mixture, straining out the liquid as you go. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. When completely cooled, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- (3 - 8” rounds instead of the recommended 2 - 10” rounds will shorten the bake time to about 30-45 mins.)
NotesTracy usually requests carrot cake for his birthday and this is the one I make. It's moist and dense. I don't put nuts in it (because I don't like nuts messing up my sweets), but I do sometimes sprinkle a few around the edges.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More