- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 egg yolks
- 20 oz. evaporated milk
- 12 oz. condensed milk
- rind of two limes
- Combine all custard ingredients.
- Strain slowly through a sieve, into the lined flan mold.
- Cover mold with foil, and place in a Bain Marie (water bath).
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour or until firm.
- Cool completely before unmolding.
- Top with caramel sauce.
- Cook's Note: multiple, smaller custard cups may be used in place of a single, larger mold.
NotesOtherwise known as Creme Caramel, it's a sweet, creamy custard, flavored with a hint of lime rind and covered with a rich, caramel syrup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More