- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ripe, red tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 slice French bread, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh herbs, such as basil, oregano and/or flatleaf parsley (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 1 cup ice water, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking Instructions
- 1. Place the tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic, and bread in a food processor and process to a smooth puree.
- 2. Add the herbs, water, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Correct the seasoning, adding salt or vinegar to taste: the gazpacho should be highly seasoned. The gazpacho should be thick but pour-able. Add water as needed.
- 3. To serve, ladle the gazpacho into chilled bowls.
- 4. Garnish each with a sprinkling of the reserved cucumber, onion and herbs
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More