- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 2 cups Self-Rising White Corn Meal Mix
- 3 tablespoons Self-Rising Flour
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup milk
- OR 1 cup water
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preparation Directions
- 1. Heat oil for deep frying to 375°F. In large bowl, combine corn meal mix, flour and onion; mix well. Add milk and egg; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes. Do not stir. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turning several times. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More