- Cooking Time: 25 mins.
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 1 hr., 10 mins.
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease each sweet potato with a bit of crisco or non-stick cooking spray and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for one hour.
- Peel potatoes, and place potatoes in a large bowl. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla). Mash sweet potato mixture with a potato masher. Fold in 1/4 cup pecans. Scrape potato mixture into an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans; top with marshmallows. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden.
NotesI'm planning to make this for both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year - this rendition is a little bit lighter than some versions, so you can feel just a schosh better about eating it! I've adapted this recipe from myrecipes.com, choosing to bake my sweet potatoes before mashing them as opposed to boiling them. This gives them loads of flavor!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More