- Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar - packed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter - softened
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, halved - well drained
- 1 6 ounce pkg semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients and set aside. Cream together the sugars and butter. Blend in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk. Stir in nuts, cherries and chips. Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Frost warm with confectioner's frosting.
- Cool. Cut into bars or squares.
NotesLynn: These are my favorite cookies to make at Christmas time
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More