- Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cake Layer:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Soaking Liquid:
- 1/2 of a (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Raspberries or Sugared Cranberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; grease and flour an 8 inch cake pan (using an 8" rather than a 9" pan will make it easier to split in half).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Slowly add the buttermilk, mixing until well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Remove from oven and cool for at least ten minutes before removing from pan. Carefully, cut the cake in half, horizontally. Place each half sliced side up on a rack to cool completely. While the cake is cooling, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the half/half. Slowly pour the liquid over each half of the cake. Cover and chill for several hours.
- When ready to assemble the cake, whip the cream until stiff, adding the powdered sugar. Place one of the cake halves on a serving plate, cut side up. Spread whipped cream over the top of the cake layer, and then top with the second cake half. Frost the top and the sides of the cake with the remaining whipped cream. Garnish with raspberries or sugared cranberries, if desired.
NotesI absolutely adore the Tres Leches Cake from Cafe Latte in St. Paul, MN. I think the code may have been cracked on their recipe. :)
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Honey-Lime Chicken SkewersSee More