- Cooking Time: 6 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 - 2 - 2 1/2 lb chuck roast
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (I sometimes use 2 just depends on how big my roast is)
- 1 large can cream mushroom soup
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 4 or 5 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 or 4 large potatoes peeled and chopped
- Cut slits in roast, poke garlic slices in holes.
- Salt and pepper meat.
- Brown in oil in a large pot...something deep that can go into the oven.
- Remove meat and set aside.
- Add soup and mix to pot add 2 cans of water.
- Let come to a boil.
- Add meat back to pot.
- Add enough water to cover meat good.
- Add onion and bay leaves.
- Cover with lid or foil,
- Bake at 350 for 5 to 6 hours.
- Check on the liquid every so often you may have to add water.
- 45 minutes before it's done add potatoes and carrots.
NotesI am asked to bring this to all of the church dinners. I thicken the juices with corn starch and milk for a gravy yummy!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More