TRESA'S POT ROAST
- Cooking Time: 6 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 - 2 - 2 1/2 lb chuck roast
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix (I sometimes use 2 just depends on how big my roast is)
- 1 large can cream mushroom soup
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 4 or 5 Carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 or 4 large potatoes peeled and chopped
Cut slits in roast, poke garlic slices in holes.
Salt and pepper meat.
Brown in oil in a large pot...something deep that can go into the oven.
Remove meat and set aside.
Add soup and mix to pot add 2 cans of water.
Let come to a boil.
Add meat back to pot.
Add enough water to cover meat good.
Add onion and bay leaves.
Cover with lid or foil,
Bake at 350 for 5 to 6 hours.
Check on the liquid every so often you may have to add water.
45 minutes before it's done add potatoes and carrots.