- Cooking Time: 6
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp golden, corn or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add water, syrup and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl, gradually beat them into the creamed mixture.
- Roll out dough to about 1/8" and cut out desired shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets 6 minutes. Do not overbake!
- Cool 2 minutes on sheets, then remove carefully to a wire rack.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesA veganized, healthified and scaled-down version of an old Crisco recipe that is great for making cut-outs that are decorated or rolled in cinnamon sugar, and for just plain eating!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More