- Cooking Time: 6
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp golden, corn or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add water, syrup and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Combine remaining ingredients in another bowl, gradually beat them into the creamed mixture.
- Roll out dough to about 1/8" and cut out desired shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets 6 minutes. Do not overbake!
- Cool 2 minutes on sheets, then remove carefully to a wire rack.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesA veganized, healthified and scaled-down version of an old Crisco recipe that is great for making cut-outs that are decorated or rolled in cinnamon sugar, and for just plain eating!!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Pizzoccheri Alla Valtellinesi
Summer Focaccia Basil SaladSee More