- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 cups plain popped popcorn
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- 1 cup candy corn
- Heat oven to 200°F. Combine popcorn and pretzels in large roasting pan; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (18 to 20 minutes). Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a soft ball or candy thermometer reaches 238°F (4 to 6 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and pretzels; sprinkle peanuts over popcorn mixture. Stir until all popcorn is coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes; stir. Continue baking for 20 minutes. Stir in chocolate pieces and candy corn. Continue baking for 5 minutes. Immediately spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in tightly covered container.
NotesMix pretzels, candy corn and other goodies for a perfect Halloween party treat.
Yield: 26 (1-cup) servings
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More