- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 16 cups plain popped popcorn
- 5 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- 1 cup candy corn
- Heat oven to 200°F. Combine popcorn and pretzels in large roasting pan; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a full boil (18 to 20 minutes). Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a soft ball or candy thermometer reaches 238°F (4 to 6 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and pretzels; sprinkle peanuts over popcorn mixture. Stir until all popcorn is coated.
- Bake for 20 minutes; stir. Continue baking for 20 minutes. Stir in chocolate pieces and candy corn. Continue baking for 5 minutes. Immediately spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in tightly covered container.
NotesMix pretzels, candy corn and other goodies for a perfect Halloween party treat.
Yield: 26 (1-cup) servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More