- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 30 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 container (16 oz.) creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- Red and yellow food color
- Assorted HERSHEY'S Candies
- Remove wrappers from chocolates; set aside. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Beat on high speed of mixer 3 minutes. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with water to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Fill prepared muffin cups about 1/2 full with batter. Place chocolate piece in center of each.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Remove from cups to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Tint frosting with red and yellow food color to make orange. Frost cupcakes with orange frosting. Cut up candies to make "monster" faces. Yields about 2-1/2 dozen cupcakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Food Travels Through Italy
The Naked MacaronSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More