- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- Chocolate Dessert Cups:
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 bag white chocolate
- Muffin Cups
- Muffin Pan
- Pastry brush (silicon works well)
- Chopped into little bite size pieces
- Faux Mousse:
- I used 2 packages of the smaller size chocolate pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Wilton's Stabilized Whip Cream:
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- Melt chocolates separately over a double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted brush the chocolate inside the cups making sure to get the sides and bottom.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes, then you can peel the liner off.
- Easy peasy I promise :)
- When all the cups are separated I like to put the chocolate cups in a fresh muffin cup and place in the refrigerator.
- Faux Mousse:
- Whip all ingredients until pudding consistency, refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Whip Cream
- In small pan add gelatin and cold water and let stand until thick.
- Once it's thick place over low heat and stir constantly until the gelatin is dissolved, then removed from heat and allow to cool, but not get thick.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and powdered sugar until a little thicker in texture.
- On low speed add the cooled gelatin,
- then whip at high speed until you see whip cream.
- Take the unfilled dessert cups out of the refrigerator. Fill a pipping bag (any tip) and pipe mousse into the cups.
- Take the cake and put them into the cups.
- Cover with more mousse (I switched the tip)
- Then do a little star with whip cream.
NotesI always hated throwing the tops of cake away so I figured instead of being wasteful I'd be tasteful! I make this from leftover cake after torting. :)
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More