- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- Chocolate Dessert Cups:
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 bag white chocolate
- Muffin Cups
- Muffin Pan
- Pastry brush (silicon works well)
- Chopped into little bite size pieces
- Faux Mousse:
- I used 2 packages of the smaller size chocolate pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Wilton's Stabilized Whip Cream:
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
- Melt chocolates separately over a double boiler. Once the chocolate is melted brush the chocolate inside the cups making sure to get the sides and bottom.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes, then you can peel the liner off.
- Easy peasy I promise :)
- When all the cups are separated I like to put the chocolate cups in a fresh muffin cup and place in the refrigerator.
- Faux Mousse:
- Whip all ingredients until pudding consistency, refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Whip Cream
- In small pan add gelatin and cold water and let stand until thick.
- Once it's thick place over low heat and stir constantly until the gelatin is dissolved, then removed from heat and allow to cool, but not get thick.
- Meanwhile whip the cream and powdered sugar until a little thicker in texture.
- On low speed add the cooled gelatin,
- then whip at high speed until you see whip cream.
- Take the unfilled dessert cups out of the refrigerator. Fill a pipping bag (any tip) and pipe mousse into the cups.
- Take the cake and put them into the cups.
- Cover with more mousse (I switched the tip)
- Then do a little star with whip cream.
NotesI always hated throwing the tops of cake away so I figured instead of being wasteful I'd be tasteful! I make this from leftover cake after torting. :)
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More