TRINIDADIAN ROTI-CURRIED GOAT
Trinidadian Roti-Curried Goat
This recipe goes with: DHALPOURI BREAD
- Cooking Time: 90
- 4 (60 ml)tablespoons light vegetable oil
- 2 (400 g) cups onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Trinidadian curry*
- 2 pounds (960 grams)lean, boneless goat (you can also use lamb or beef)
- 1/2 pound (240 grams) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (240 ml) rich beef broth
- 1 cup (240 ml)coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons bandhania (Trinidadian coriander) or cilantro
- Dhalpouri Bread (see recipe)
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy bottomed skillet. Add meat and sear until browned . Rmove meat to a platter.
Add onions and cook until they turn soft and glazed. Stir in garlic and curry powder.
Return meat to the skillet, add broth, coconut milk and salt. Cover and cook curry over low heat, until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
Add potatoes during the last 20 minutes of cooking. Stir in chopped coriander.
Serve with Dhalpouri Bread.