- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, your choice
- 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. Pour barbeque sauce into a square baking dish, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ground beef, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes using your hands. Pack enough meat around each hot dog to completely cover it, but not too thick. Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each beef covered hot dog, and secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly oil the grilling surface, and place the bacon-wrapped hamburger covered hot dogs on the grill. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally - but carefully, until the beef is cooked through and bacon is nicely browned. Remove from the grill, and roll in the dish of barbeque sauce to coat. Remove toothpicks, and serve on hoagie rolls.
NotesOriginal poster reported:"Awesome for a barbeque. Can't decide whether to have hotdogs or hamburgers to grill out? Well try the ultimate grilled concoction. Great for Superbowl parties."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
The Social Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More