- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 510
- 7 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hershey's special dark chocolate cocoa, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces, divided
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 loaves challah, cut into one-inch cubes
- Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup peanut butter chip
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a 10 x 14-inch deep baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla, salt, milk, and cream, sugar, cocoa and instant espresso powder in a large bowl until well combined. Add half the chopped chocolate and chips along with the bread and fold to blend thoroughly and bread is moist. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining chocolate bits.
- Cover with plastic wrap and foil and set aside in refrigerate over night; about 8 hours. Remove plastic wrap and replace foil.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F Bake for 45 min to 1 hour until firm, remove cover and bake for additional 10 min until top is brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Peanut Butter Sauce: Melt REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips with milk and whipping cream in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and cool to room temperature (yields 1 cup).
Notesa classic flavor combo that's sinfully rich and just as satisfying...
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Sweet Roll Dough
Rosemary and goat cheese crostinis
Weiner-Bean CasseroleSee More