- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate sauce for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8- or 9-inch pie pan. Beat the eggs. Blend in the sugar and butter. In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa and salt. Add to egg mixture, beating until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla.
- Spread the batter into the pie pan. Bake 35 minutes or until set (see note).
- Cool completely. Cut in wedges and place a scoop of ice cream over the wedge, followed by a few teaspoons of chocolate sauce.
- Note: The pie does not test done in the center.