- Cooking Time: 10 to 14 minutes
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped ( I used chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup eagle brand milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup eagle brand milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate, chopped ( I used chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped ( I used chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Filling: Melt chocolate with sweetened condensed milk in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to low and stir until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool in frig.
- Beat butter, sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar until well combined. Add egg and vanilla; beat this mixture well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat this until just combined. Mix in all the chocolate. Cover and put in frig to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Roll 1 tbsp. dough into balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets, about 2" apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in oven 10 to 14 minutes. Until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Place 1 tsp. cooled filling on the underside of the cookie. Top with a second cookie, underside down. Repeat until all cookies are sandwiched.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
NotesWhile shopping on Sunday I came across this recipe in the baking isle. It uses eagle brand milk. The picture looked yummy. The cookies are not bad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More