- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 plus cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (Medaglia D'Oro)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup best quality white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl and place over a pot of simmering water and melt completely.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, then vanilla and espresso, and beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- On low speed beat in the melted chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Stir in the chips and pecans.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, putting 8 cookies on each sheet.
- Bake for 10 to11 minutes.
- The surface will be dry but the inside will still be soft.
- It will take no longer than 10 to 11 minutes so set the timer.
- Cool on a baking sheet.
- Best eaten the day they are made.
- Wrap leftovers well in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
NotesHere is another cookie I make on Christmas. The coffee in the recipe makes the chocolate explode with flavor. Sorry I don't have a picture.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More