- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 plus cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (Medaglia D'Oro)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup best quality white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl and place over a pot of simmering water and melt completely.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, then vanilla and espresso, and beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- On low speed beat in the melted chocolate mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined.
- Stir in the chips and pecans.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, putting 8 cookies on each sheet.
- Bake for 10 to11 minutes.
- The surface will be dry but the inside will still be soft.
- It will take no longer than 10 to 11 minutes so set the timer.
- Cool on a baking sheet.
- Best eaten the day they are made.
- Wrap leftovers well in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
NotesHere is another cookie I make on Christmas. The coffee in the recipe makes the chocolate explode with flavor. Sorry I don't have a picture.
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Recipes for Vitality
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More